Friday, September 6, 2013
HELPING THE NEEDY
One issue that has been around for generations has been the need for affordable housing and in 2013 it is no different. Our churches are always talking about helping the needy and I am sure they do a very good job of it but here in Cambridge I feel that an opportunity to build affordable housing was lost. Beside the St Mary’s church on Cooper street was an old house that was torn down and instead of the church coming up with an affordable housing scenario they did what all business’s do..built a parking lot so their constituents would not have to walk far to get into the service’s to save their souls. The size of the lot would have easily held a small town house complex that could have helped some of their lower-income parishioners but for an unknown reason a parking lot was a better idea. And now across the road the old house that was the office of Dr. Chen has been torn down and it appears that in its place will be another parking lot. And again another chance to help the community may have been lost. I hope I am wrong but somehow I don’t think I am.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We all agree religion sucks. It is just another corporation ripping off the public.
ReplyDelete